Lynas is building a Rare Earths Processing Facility only 5 minutes from Kalgoorlie. Lynas Rare Earths is an established ethical and environmentally responsible producer of rare earth materials and is the world’s only significant producer of separated rare earth materials outside of China. Our Western Australian rare earths mine at Mt Weld, which will supply concentrate to the Kalgoorlie plant, boasts a mine life of more than 25 years.
Our people work in an environment where safety is always the first priority. You will work as part of a compact and effective team so you can expect to build strong relations with your colleagues.
We’re looking for a target driven Process Engineer/Metallurgist wanting to join us on our journey. Plant construction is well progressed, and the operational readiness team is busy preparing for commissioning in early 2023. You will have the opportunity to take a technical role in supporting operational readiness and plant commissioning. After commissioning, this role will focus on optimising the plant to improve performance. This role is being offered on a Monday – Friday Kalgoorlie residential, so you will be home every night and have your weekends off.
You will be Responsible for:
- Supporting operational readiness of the plant from a process engineering perspective
- Assist in plant commissioning
- Providing technical support to the operation
- Undertake projects to optimise plant performance
- Develop fit for purpose procedures, systems, and strategies
- Ensure risks are identified and managed and a safe working environment is maintained
- Unwavering approach to safety leadership
- Tertiary qualification in chemical engineering or metallurgy
- Previous experience as a plant process engineer/metallurgist at a processing plant
- Strong desire to take a leadership role in ensuring the plant start up is a success
- Prior experience in operational readiness and/or commissioning viewed favourably
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Salary continuance scheme and life insurance (through Superannuation)
- Continual development and ability to expand your career
- Salary Sacrifice options
- Relocation Assistance
- Remote Housing Allowance
We welcome and encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, the LGBTIQA+ community, mature workers, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds. Lynas acknowledges First Nations people as and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.